Friday 30 September 2011

Research 3 // Evaluation

Research - 











I have gathered extra research on some existing type and image designs from www.ilovetypograhy.com


The use of this text on each design has given me ideas to develop. I feel that this image to the left is very interesting. The type changes as the image develops. I feel that using different sizes and layouts then it develops the ideas more. This relates to my brief in a positive way also. As i will be sampling and playing around with type size and format. 


Evaluation : 


I feel that is project has gone quite well. It has pushed me, as i am not confident with type nor drawing, but i feel i could develop further. The use of developing my research to my initial ideas to my final designs has given me an idea of what this project was about. It feels like i have achieved some more knowledge on this aspect of design. 


The step by step plan i think is a useful concept. The end set of letters i designed i feel does translate the meaning of the word dissolve. I don't feel like they are my best pieces of work but i have learnt a lot about the procedure and actually designing a letter form and not just using it.


Overall i feel that my work went ok. I stuck to the deadline and added aspects to my blog but if i had more time i would of developed the designs and put more time into each letterform to get the best outcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment