Thursday 5 December 2013

Collecting Data - Primary Research for Practical

Practical Element 

For my practical element i will be working with maps and consumerism and psychogeogrpahy within a defined area. I have chosen to work with hyde park Leeds to Leeds city centre. This is because it is a highly populated area and heavily student based. Hopefully the results will lead me to a final result of the amount of consumerism with a 2.2 mile radius. This could then link to what i find in terms of consumerism from my research. I think that this exe rice would be useful to see how much public space is actually controlled by corporate agendas. 

I will also create a map with elements of psychgeoraphy so i can also document the real life situations and how the public space is utilised in a human way instead of corporate agenda. I will use the same area and route to oddment my finding so I can compare the maps and the results. 


No comments:

Post a Comment