Sunday 24 February 2013

Starting to design - Peter Halley and Panoptic method Inspired

I took inspiration from Peter Halley's use of method of design to create a more abstract simple design.

I have developed the idea of panopticism in location:


The city:

The yellow box represents the CTTV examination of a 'city'. The city blocks are representing the city and number of people. 

I chose to use the symbolic method  because it creates more thought provoking process. 
The use of simple colour is also applicable to the simple theme i would like to get across.


The panopticon / Prison set up.

I chose to use the centre point of the panopticon and the surrounding areas. Applying circular formation to the design as a centre piece is symbolic for the meaning of the panopticon.






Adding in the eye and the focual trigange to symbolise the symbolic class structure. The eye is hee to symbolise the CCTV watching and the idea of 'big brother'. 




I have never designed anything like this before. I feel that the designs do work well for symbolic representation but I feel that they could be improved. thE QUALITY OF THE DESIGN CAN be perceived in different ways. The blurring of image could also be used as symbolic method also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment