Tuesday 22 May 2012

End of Module - EVALUATION

1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?


Through this module  have worked on my theory and historical skills. I have used and tried to put into context the use of harvod referencing and worked on skills to do with research and referencing. The use of this has given me confidence in my sources and therefore my work. I feel that i have gained a lot of knowledge on this subject but i don't feel i have pushed it to my full extent. i feel i have been a lot overloaded with the work we have got given. 
I feel that i have improved on the skills i have developed through the DIET plan of who to crit. Learning critical languages and specific questions to ask i feel has been ext rely helpful. Also leaning and gathering information from lectures. I feel that i have applied that information is quite a positive way as i have learned a lot about media specificity, history of type and many more. i have also picked up on lectures that have inspired me and therefore helped my skills to devop. The film theory 1 lecture was positive, i gained interest in things i liked and gained a deeper understanding of content which i then decided to place into personal work. The use of applying skills to my design work is a skill in its self and i feel that i have not pushed my bound`rise enough. I feel that through my skills have learnt, that i have not applied them through my work with enough back up, such as enough content on theory. I also feel that my skills have carried on developing and lectures and seminars have became very useful to me and the way i observe and crit peoples and my own design work.


2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?


During the cop COURSE I have experienced workshops that have made me more aware of the typo f designer i am, as well as the type of design i like be it contemporary or tradiotanlal styles. Being more aware of of things i like and aesthetic qualities i look for in designs has urged me to create modern and simple layout designs that reflect these matters. i have used critical analysis from the DIET CRIT that we used to help enforce my ideas so they look and feel like an informed publication. 


3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?


Through this work i feel that i have gained insight into research startagie stat i have found very useful. The way that i have focused these i feel is quite a positive and i could branch out further to gain more insight on this.
Through this project i feel that my strenghs have been to develop my work. i have had to change my ideas a lot so i feel i have kept quite up to date with my development. I feel that the workshops have given me more strengths that i can focus on my design.s To begin with although i didn't del very comfortable with writing and found it very hard to get to grips with a formal style of writing, i do feel that i have lean rent a lot and tried to get my writing better. 


4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?


I have a lot f weakness in this project that need higighting. I have felt that i have struggled a lot with my time management skills. The use of me not organising and linking to my ideas has cost me important time i could of spent on my publication. Another weakness is my writing skills and i feel that these are externally. The use of my weaknesses involve stuck things as my printing was not effective and didn't work out the way i wanted the designs to work out.


5.Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?


- I will not focus and pay to much attention to detail and lose focus on the designs/ concept as it has cost me alot with this moduel.
-  I will learn to control my writing to be informational and productive

- To use illustrator in my designs
- To work better with layouts for publications
- To research deeper into specific things and to check contents
- Work on spelling
- Keep looking at crits and techniques
- WRITE DOWN ALL LECTURE NOTES IN MORE DETAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment