Saturday 28 April 2012

Publication - Starting Point

IDEAS//INITAL THOUGHTS//PLANS//DESIGN SHEETS:



We did a task in a session which allowed us to plan what subjects we could produce in our publication. Here are the photo's I chose and how i narrowed down my ideas:




My first thoughts were to consider looking t Graffiti and Culture surrounding that. I felt that it would be a good thing to focus on because i find the subject very interesting, but after looking at the project for 2 weeks i found that the process of this publication was not working out well. i feel that the designs are to hard for me to create and i wasn't really relating or enjoying doing the publication. I felt that the lecture basis was not informed enough and through my research i didn't feel like i was gaining and port eying information in a creative way. 
- I wanted to look into
- Culture//hiphop//colour//people//documentaries//locations and paints

My initial ideas for this brief was to explore and create:
-A series of miminalistic poster designs that portray the above in an interesting way nd the audience would consist of grefiiiti lovers and culture surrounding it.
- A booklet that is a timeline of events and crutial moments.
- A  zine that dockets the theory and backgournd to new lovers of the form and culture. 

But i felt that these ideas were not strong ad i didn't link to them very well. So i changed my idea which was just in time for the publication presentation:










I felt quite good about this at first but after the presentation the feedback i got was not to amazing and i though i could maybe push myself more so i once again changed my mind and went to focus on:

ADVERTISING


No comments:

Post a Comment